The family medicine physicians at Ferrell-Duncan Clinic are trained to care for the individual as well as the entire family. They are specially trained to solve complex diagnostic problems and manage chronic illnesses.
Emphasis on educating patients about wellness and disease prevention are important aspects of family medicine care. When other medical specialists are needed, the department's physicians will coordinate care and often serve as consultants in your care.
Family medicine physicians provide acute care for:
- Flu shots and immunizations
- Lab services
- Ogoing care of chronic problems
- Physical exams for sports, school and summer camp
- Preventive care, health screening and physical exams for individuals of all ages
- Routine care for women, including Pap smears, pelvic exams and breast exams
- Treatment of complex and long-term medical conditions including diabetes and high blood pressure
Decision Tool: Which health screenings do I need?